Resource Categories serve two purposes, to organise your lists of products and resources and to define different 'Line Types' in dockets. For example, Resources in the 'Labour' category may have line times of 'Worked' or 'Travelled', while resources in the 'Materials' category may have line items 'Picked up' or 'Delivered'. For more information, refer to Setting up Docket Templates.
After you have created your Resource Categories, you can assign Resources to them.
Managing Resource Categories
1. New Resource Category
- Click on the icon.
- Enter a Category Name and a Description
- Select Save.
2. Edit a Unit of Measure
- Select the line item you would like to edit
- The 'Edit Resource Category' dialog, update the Name and Description
- Select Save
3. Delete a Unit of Measure
- Select the checkbox(es) of the Resource Category you would like to delete.
- Click on the icon, and select Delete Resource(s)
- Click on the confirmation message Yes, delete it!.
Note: It is not possible to delete Resource Categories that have resources assigned to them.