Jobs can be created from the Web User Interface or from the App. This article describes how to create Jobs on the Web.
From an Order
To add a job from an Order, first open the Order, navigate to the Jobs tab (1) and select the plus icon.
Note when you create a job from an order, the line items are copied onto the job from the order.
From the Jobs section
You can also create a Job from the jobs section. (Step 1), select the New icon. (Step 2) Then select the Order.
Note that this does not inherit the line items from the order, they must be added separately.
Setting up a Job
Create a new job as follows:
- Select the Order - this will define the customer, items and docket template.
- Set the Date Range - between these dates, the job will appear as a shortcut in the operators 'My Docketbook' screen in the app.
- Add any instructions you would like to appear for the operator accepting the job.
- Add or remove Items as required
- Assigned Subcontractors - allows sharing of a job to another company where they can then select the users to allocate the work to
- Assigned People - select people in your team to allocate the job to
- Comments - can be added by you or the people allocated to the job.