Dockets are made up of a set of standard and custom tabs. Here's a quick overview of the standard tabs you may find on your docket.
On the General Tab you will find:
- Status - Every docket starts as Draft. It then moves to Sent and can also be Accepted or Rejected
- Docket Template - defines the tabs and fields on the docket.
- Order - you can select an order for the docket to be attached to - this also sets the customer and reference numbers
- Date - defaults to today, but can be adjusted if required
- Customer - The company who will receive the docket.
The time tab is integrated with our timesheets (link here) module. Simply add:
- Start Time
- Finish Time
- Break Time
- Travel Time
The total hours are displayed at the bottom of the page.
Note: The hours from the timesheet are not automatically added to the Items tab.
Checklists support simple checks, such as prestarts, using an OK / Fail / NA scale.
The Items tab contains information about products, resources and quantities. This is typically where the chargeable items on the docket sit. To add a new item, select Add Item (1). To add a new line to an existing item (e.g. a truck load) select the + (2) button.
The last thing you you will usually do is get your customer to sign the docket.
Note: You can also send the docket without a customer signature. They will receive a copy of the docket and be asked to sign it on their own device.
You can attach photos to your docket using 'Add Attachment'
Attachments must be added while the docket is in Draft mode.