Docketbook allows sharing of common industry transactions - Purchase Order (Orders), Work Allocation (Jobs) and Proof of Completion (Dockets) with you supply chain partners.
This article provides an overview of creating orders as a customer, who will ultimately receive the dockets. The benefit of doing this is that you can ensure the dockets will be aligned to your own purchase order line numbers for costing and reconciliation purposes.
Create and Send the Order
- Use the Swap Cust/Sup button to set your project/company as the customer and select a supplier from your contacts list
- Enter notes (optional) that will appear for the supplier.
- Add Line Items as required. Where necessary use the Customer Ref to link to your internal purchase order numbers or similar.
Save the order and use the Action Menu (three dots) to Send Order.
Accept the Order
When the order is accepted by the supplier, it is assigned an Order Number (Supplier Side).
In order to accept the order a Docket Template must be selected and Resources must be allocated to Line Items.
- Select the Docket Template
- Select the Resource to Assign to the LIne Item
- Use the Action Menu to Accept the Order
Close the Order
When the order is complete, either the Customer or the Supplier can mark the Order as closed. This prevents any further dockets from being created using this Order.