This list is intended for Administrators to guide you through the order of what you need to do to get up and running on Docketbook. A couple of these items may already be done for you by the onboarding team. For some of the below items, a link will be available to a detailed guide for that section.
☐ Sign up to Docketbook
- Sign up for a Docketbook account by visiting the provided Sign Up Link.
- During the registration process, you will be asked to provide basic information such as your name, email address, and password.
- Familiarize yourself with Docketbook by reading the guide titled "The Basics of Docketbook" if needed.
☐ Create company
- After verifying your account and logging into Docketbook on your PC, navigate to the Home section.
- Click on "Click to Create a Company" to initiate the company creation process.
- You will be prompted to enter your company contact details. Provide the necessary information, ensuring accuracy.
- As the administrator, you will assume control over the company's settings and configuration.
☐ Select plan
- Access the Billing section under Settings.
- Review the available Docketbook plans and select the one that best aligns with your company's requirements.
☐ Set up General company details
- Within the Settings menu, locate the General section.
- Enter your company's ABN (Australian Business Number), logo, timezone, and address.
☐ Set up Resources
- Access the Resources, Resource Categories, and Units of Measure sections under Settings.
- Define the units of measure that correspond to your docket and invoice line items. Add the necessary units of measure accordingly.
- Set up resource categories to categorize and organize your company's resources effectively.
- Finally, add the specific resources your company utilizes within Docketbook, making sure they align with the defined resource categories.
- If needed, you can delete resources in reverse order: Resources, Resource Categories, Units of Measure.
☐ Set up Docket Template
- Navigate to the Docket Templates section under Settings.
- Customize your docket template to reflect your company's branding and information requirements.
- Specify the layout, fields, and design elements of the docket template to ensure it meets your operational needs.
- Utilize the provided guide, "Docket Templates," for step-by-step instructions on setting up your template effectively.
☐ Invite your team
- In the Users section under Settings, invite your team members to join Docketbook.
- Assess the appropriate role for each team member, with the "Docket Creator" role typically suitable for operators.
- Send invitations to team members by entering their email addresses. They will receive an email with instructions on how to join.
- Consult the guide titled "Managing Users" for assistance in managing and assigning roles to team members effectively.
☐ Add your Customer Contacts
- Exit the company Settings and access the Contacts section.
- Add your customer contacts to Docketbook, ensuring you have their relevant information readily available.
- This allows for easy access and reference when creating dockets or managing customer interactions.
- If you are using the Xero integration, refer to the provided guide, "Xero Integration," for instructions on adding customer contacts.
☐ Decide which Docketbook components to use
- At this stage, your company setup is complete. Evaluate which components of Docketbook will best suit your business processes.
- Consider whether using Dockets alone will suffice, or if integrating Orders and Job Allocation will enhance your workflow.
- Review the provided guides on "What's in a Docket," "Orders Overview," and "Jobs Overview" to understand each component's functionality.
- Determine the components that align with your company's operations and requirements.
☐ Download App
- Download the Docketbook mobile app on your phone to experience the operators' perspective.
- Visit the respective app store (iOS or Android) and search for "Docketbook" to find and download the app.
- By using the app, you can gain insights into the mobile workflow and ensure a seamless user experience for operators.
☐ Inform and train your team
- Once you have decided on the Docketbook components to use, proceed with training your operators.
- Utilize the provided operator guides, which offer step-by-step instructions on using the Docketbook mobile app effectively.
- Ensure your team members are familiar with the functionalities, processes, and best practices relevant to their roles within Docketbook.
- Guide: Operator Guides
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article